Workers Compensation

Being injured in your place of work can be a scary experience. Workers’ Compensation is an area of the law that puts protections into place when employees have workplace injuries or occupational diseases.

If you are injured in your workplace, the first thing you must do is report the injury. Even if the injury appears to be minor, you must let your employer know in a timely manner, or you may be denied future benefits. Workers are afforded a statutory right to medical treatment and temporary wages if they are an employee of the employer and injured during the course of their employment.

New Jersey law provides for three specific areas of benefit for those injured in the workplace: medical treatment by your employer, temporary disability benefits, and monetary compensation based on the degree of the permanent disability. Once a worker’s medical treatment ends or has reached MMI (Maximum Medical Improvement), permanency evaluations to determine the extent of the permanent injury will be scheduled by each side. The case will be conferenced to determine whether or not it can be settled. If the case cannot be settled for fair and adequate compensation, the matter will proceed towards trial.

Workers' Compensation | Law Office of Joseph C. Falk, LLC | NJ Workers' Compensation Counsel

I understand the financial and emotional hardship a workplace injury can place on an individual and their family. Hiring the right attorney is important to ensure that you are getting the benefits to which you are entitled. I explain to my clients their rights and risks if the matter is settled or it is to continue to trial so that they may make an informed decision on how to proceed. I fight to ensure my clients receive all medically necessary treatment and that they are fairly and justly compensated for their workplace injuries.

Have You Been Injured On The Job?

  • Medical Benefits
  • Temporary Disability Benefits
  • Permanent Disability Benefits
  • Social Security Benefits

The Law Office Of Joseph C. Falk, LLC

Do you need help with a Workers Compensation Case?